Search

.

Content

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Halloween in China

Sorry it's been so long!

We've been busy traveling, being sick, and teaching. We come home in 33 days! Its crazy how time has flown. We have loved every single minute of it...well maybe not puking our guts out...but you know what I mean. 

Even though the Chinese don't celebrate Halloween, the school wanted us to teach the kids all about it. I mean what kid doesn't like pretending their a monster and getting candy for it?? 

We taught them this song...which is actually super cute-

For the sounds in between we clapped and for each character we had an action.
It was really cute teaching them "Trick or Treat!" because they would hold out their hands and we would pretend to give them candy and they would pretend to eat it. 
On halloween we dressed up and went to each class to sing the song with them and hand out actual candy...we went to 28 classes and sang that song 28 times + all the times we rehearsed it during the week with them phew!, but it was totally worth it! The kids were sent home with a letter telling their parents they needed a mask for the next week. Some went ALL out and others chose some odd characters haha. One kid had a mask of the guy from Saw and another had a V for Vendetta mask. One kid had a gorilla mask with a fake cigarette hanging out its mouth. Here are the pictures. 

Me as a cat and Jessie as a witch!

I did her makeup so she would be a beautiful witch!

The group before we went out caroling...michael looks great huh? haha

Singing singing singing 

giving out candy- this is one of my favorite chubby kids :]






fun masks!

monster face!!




Favorite mask award goes to- gorilla smoking a cigarette!! 


spoooooooky! 

We had a great time teaching and celebrating Halloween with these kids. They're all so happy and eager to learn about our culture. I wish I could take them all home with me!! 

(lo)ve+michael


0 comments:

Behind The Web

Us

My photo
Currently Michael and I are in China teaching the young ones how to speak English. I like to post lots of pictures and I know reading long blogs can get tedious, so here and there I usually will add a link or two for fun. They're usually bolded :] enjoy!
Powered by Blogger.

Followers