Search

.

Content

Monday, September 16, 2013

Beijing part 2.

Not only did we get to see historical sites- but we also were able to go to two theatrical productions.

The first one was an Acrobatic Show, and these guys were straight up amazing. Their flexibility alone is ridiculous. The guys were super strong and had some mad hops. Since it was a dark theater with fast moving people on the stage the pictures aren't so great, but there's some good action shots. So just pretend you're there ya know?



Jumping through hoops


They were like "Hey, who needs necks?"



He then knocked those blocks to the ground landing on his hand again in the same pose on the bottom box. CRAY

These two were super rad. The bottom picture is a guy on the other's back, while he hops down on his hands. RUH-dick-you-luss.











If I could ride a bike and look that fabulous- i'd be riding it err day. 


They were like super high chairs- almost to the ceiling



These blurry lights are 8 Motorbikes in this metal ball. Pretty scary and awesome at the same time. aaand their outfits looked like Buzz Lightyear but each one was a different color. 


Sorry for the blurry picture. 
We were trying to get to the subway in time for our train.

A few nights later we headed to the Red Theater to see some Kung Fu. It was pretty cool- but they wouldn't let you take pictures inside. Honestly though, the acrobatics were cooler. Even though their Kung Fu was super fast and stuff, there was a  little boy singing about his journey and it was a bit unnerving. 





Afterwards they let us take pictures with the cool dudes. 


We also were able to tour The Jade Factory, where they showed how the choose the type of jade and how to tell real jade from fake. I really love jade, and all the pieces they had were absolutely beautiful and absolutely out of my price range. I tried to barter for a ring with a lady named Plum, but she wouldn't go down much so I gave up. However, due to my recent fake detecting skills in jade i had just learned I was able to get a jade ring later on at The Pearl Market. I still want a Happiness Ball though, and not a cheap-o one (scroll down a bit for the meaning here). 







Making the Happiness Ball. 

Huge piece of Jade. 
Here are the pictures from The Pearl Market as well. We bartered pretty hard for two pairs of Nike 5.0. Which are probably knock-offs, but they're probably like the best knock-offs you can get. Michael and I were a great team- he would play the unsure one and I would be the very firm low price one. So Michael gave them hope and I was just like- "too bad so sad." 
We're like good cop/bad cop- but without the criminal justice background. 
So we ended up with two pairs of shoes for 350 RMB. And I got my ring for about 80 RMB. 


We thought this sign was pretty great. 

Happy with our goods. 




So that's it for Beijing part. 2.
Stay around for Beijing part. 3. 

(lo)ve+michael

p.s. 
I don't know how many Beijing parts there will be. 
p.p.s 
I feel like this post was especially gangster bro. 

the end. 








0 comments:

Behind The Web

Us

My photo
Currently Michael and I are in China teaching the young ones how to speak English. I like to post lots of pictures and I know reading long blogs can get tedious, so here and there I usually will add a link or two for fun. They're usually bolded :] enjoy!
Powered by Blogger.

Followers